The Salvation Army
Hawaiian and Pacific Islands Division
Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
POSITION TITLE: Project Capital Campaign Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (Kroc Center Hawaii)
SUPERVISOR: Community Relations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Hourly
DATE: June 1, 2013
GENERAL STATEMENT: The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church, and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual, emotional, and physical regeneration of all people.
MISSION STATEMENT: The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in Hawaii exists to Save Souls, Grow Saints and Serve Suffering Humanity by being a church that is:
-- BIBLICALLY AUTHENTIC IN MOTIVE AND MISSION
-- A RELEVANT AND VIBRANT EXPRESSION OF CHRISTIANITY
-- CULTURALLY DIVERSE IN METHODS AND MINISTRY
-- COMPASSIONATELY ACTIVE IN SERVING HUMANITY
KROC CENTER HAWAII Vision: Kroc Center Hawaii is a community center where relationships, individuals, and families thrive in the name of Jesus.
The Project Capital Campaign Assistant is responsible for data base management, data entry, gift processing and gift acknowledgments for all contributions to the Kroc Center Hawaii, including special campaign gifts. The Project Capital Campaign Assistant coordinates event information for development, processes reservations, supports staff, volunteers and outside organization meetings with material preparation, and articulates a passion for the mission and vision of the Kroc Center. This is a funded position.
The Project Capital Campaign Assistant will have a deep commitment to the mission of The Salvation Army, which will be evident in his or her professional life and the manner in which he or she represents The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the community.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Two or more years of professional work experience, preferably in a development office, special event organization and/or fundraising.
3. Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher or other design software) and donor management software.
4. Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, anticipate needs, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task.
5. Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
6. Ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be accepted.
1. Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or sales (or related field).
2. Four or more years of professional work experience, preferably in a development office, special events organization and/or fundraising.
3. Familiar with Hawaii and local culture
4. Familiar with Salvation Army program
1. Prepare special reports, mailing lists and donor lists for annual reports, donor boards and other signage as needed for development and capital projects. Prepare gift reports and run queries using Portfolio software.
2. Assist with capital campaign prospect identification and management, research and development of donor profiles, and manage information in database and paper files.
3. Prioritize multiple work tasks to meet tight deadlines; work in a fast-paced environment and maintain poise under pressure; and take projects from beginning through completion.
4. Coordinate internal and external mailings, including donor communications and event invitations.
5. Prepare mailing lists, mail package contents, and coordinate with print and mail house vendors.
6. Provide logistical support in planning and executing capital campaign events and programs designed to cultivate and improve relationships with donors and maximize giving potential.
7. Support capital campaign committees by maintaining committee rosters, taking and distributing materials, preparing materials, reserving meeting space, and other general administrative support.
8. Provide assistance for capital campaign grant requests, including coordinating supplemental documents, preparing proposal package, tracking proposals, and compiling updates to funders.
9. Maintain capital campaign marketing materials and donor recognition lists.
10. Generate capital campaign acknowledgments and pledge reminders and prepare other donor communications, requests for information, and other correspondence.
11. Process all Development Department gifts and pledges, including: tribute gifts, annual fund, event gifts and reservations, capital campaign gifts and pledges, and restricted or miscellaneous gifts.
12. Prepare automatic acknowledgements for gifts and pledges.
13. Reconcile batch totals with Finance Department.
14. Assure the database is updated at least twice-a-year, and cleaned up as needed on an on-going basis; make recommendations for system upgrades and changes needed to assure best practices are followed.
15. Implement a prospect management process and donor tracking system for major gifts and grants.
16. Develop and maintain Development Department calendar and record keeping systems, including an expense file.
17. Support the annual donor reception and campaign events, coordinate logistics to include: reservations, volunteer coordination, signage, printed materials, rentals, catering, timelines, and other activities that assure successful events.
18. Work as a team member with all development personnel under the direction of the Development Director to ensure the successful achievement of goals and demonstrate superior customer service.
19. Works effectively as part of a small team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing program, with limited instruction.
20. Follow and ensure adherence to The Salvation Army Policies and Procedures.
21. Maintain the Code of Ethics policy, which has been established for the Kroc Center Hawaii.
22. Attend staff meetings and other administrative meetings.
23. Maintain regular and punctual work attendance.
24. Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants may submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax (808-682-5501). Please include your name and the job title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.