Housekeeper / Warehouse Picker
We are hiring for a housekeeper and warehouse stock picker.
Approximately 27.5-40 hours per week
This position will require you to work every weekend.
Days off may be Wednesday and Thursday for example, however the days off may not always be consecutive.
Responsible to clean all offices and general areas of buildings assigned by management.
Residential cleaning and task as well will be required in homes.
Functions include but are not limited to: dusting, cleaning windows, removing trash, vacuuming, cleaning the restrooms, and stocking supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, soap, etc.)
Maintain adequate cleaning supplies for departmental use.
Responsible for disinfecting all bathrooms on the facility.
Responsible for cleaning and stocking kitchen on the facility.
All other duties as assigned.
Errand running, shopping for food items, office supplies and etc.
Assist Warehouse manager on an as needed basis in both receiving freight and on weekends to perform duties of primary warehouse picker.
Will need to be able to lift a light boxes, and parts of this position will require you to stand for periods of time, clean, navigate steps and other physical tasks.
Paying attention to detail is important.
The hours can be somewhat flexible around 7:00AM start time with a 3-5 PM end time.
We will run a criminal background check, drug test, and actually call your references. So if this is an issue address it now or do not respond.
"Decent" driving record is important as you will need to deliver items to post office and drive company vehicles on errands.
You need to have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation to and from work.
We are a non-smoking workplace and will not allow smoking on the property.
NOTE: Please email resume and or a brief statement with what skills you have or why we should follow up with you. We will respond to selected candidates and proceed with interview process. Answer the questions below as well.
Some questions to answer are the following:
1. How many hours are you looking for and available?
2. Are you currently employed?
3. If not currently employed, when were you last employed?
4. Do you have a driver's license?
5. Do you have dependable transportation?
6. Have you ever worked for a small business?
7. Do you know where the airport is located and do you live reasonably close?
8. What do you consider close?
9. Have you ever had a cleaning position before?
10. Did you read the part about the background and drug test? Will you pass?
11. Can you cut and paste these questions in to the email and respond to them? If yes, do so, if not no need to apply.
12. Do you shop online? If so, how often?
13. What do you enjoy about cleaning, what do you hate about cleaning?
14. Have you ever worked independently?
15. When can you start?
16. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
17. Are you fluent in any other languages?
18. Any questions for me?
Reasons people should NOT respond to this job are:
They are not really looking for employment; they just need to put companies down for ESC.
They have to take a smoke breaks, smell like smoke or other smells.
They have a DWI/DUI or crappy driving record.
They are not dependable or have a sick cat, dog, parent or child and may need to be out of work.
They do not have dependable transportation.
They live an hour and half from Wilmington and just saw the ad on Craigslist.
They are looking for a desk job and could never see themselves doing these tasks.
They cannot be on time.
They like working at a corporate or government job and enjoy the having many co-workers to socialize with.
Reasons people should respond to this job opportunity are:
They enjoy working hard.
They like adding value.
They enjoy both repetitive task and enjoy solving problems and thinking and acting independently.
They can adapt to change quickly, and move from one task to the next.
They welcome the opportunity to learn and do more.
Compensation will start at entry level but will rise as needed QUICKLY to be in level with both the attitude and value the right candidate will bring to the job. This is an hourly position.