The qualified individual(s) will work as a tire and service technician for Wingfoot Commercial Tire Systems, a subsidiary of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. Wingfoot is the commercial tire sales, service and retreading market leader with over 180 Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States.
The qualified technician will work at a Tire Center and be responsible for all aspects of tire and related service and repair for the commercial trucking industry, including but not limited to:
* Dismount and mount any type of tire on drop center, semi-drop center and multi-piece rims.
* Determine repairable tire conditions and make such repairs.
* Remove tires for retreading or repair.
* Match mating of dual assemblies.
* Inflation of tires to prescribed PSI per load requirements.
* Clean and maintain service equipment.
* Proper execution of required billing documents.
* Proper maintenance of assigned service vehicle including appearance as well as on board service equipment.
The qualified individual must be willing and able to drive a service vehicle to where a customer is having a problem, and be able to repair or replace their tire(s) as needed. Job duties may be performed at the Wingfoot location, at customer locations and on service calls on the side of a highway. This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
* Follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
* Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
* Willing to perform service calls on nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis.
* High school diploma or GED is preferred.
* At least 3 months of relevant service experience is preferred.
* Good oral and written communication ability.
* Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
* Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
* Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including be at least 21 years of age.
To apply for this full-time opportunity, please go to: http://www.candidatecare.com/srccsh/RTI.home?r=2000022161310&d=goodyear2.candidatecare.com